Wedding Vows Selection
Obviously, you are not limited to this list, and some couples like to take a little from one and put it with a little of another. The key is not to let your vows get too long, but I’ll help you with that.
- ______, you are my companion in life and my one true love. I will treasure our friendship and love you today, tomorrow, and forever. I will trust and honor you. I will laugh and cry with you. With unfailing love I will stand by you, through the best and the worst, through the difficult and the easy. As I have given you my hand to hold, so I give you my life to keep, so help me God.
- ______, I take you to be my (husband/wife), I promise to be faithful to you and honest with you; I will respect, help and care for you; I will share my life with you; I will forgive you as we have been forgiven; and I will try with you to better understand ourselves, the world, and God; through the best and the worst as long as we live.
- _____, in finding you, my dreams have come true. In your love, I have found a home for my heart and soul. I, ______, take you, _______, to be my (husband/wife), my constant friend, my faithful partner and the love of my life. In the presence of God, our families and friends, I promise to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, in happiness as well as in sadness. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your aspirations, and to honor and respect you. This is my solemn vow.
- _______, today we begin our lives together. I promise before God, our families and our friends to be your faithful (husband/wife). I choose to live with you, as your lover, companion and friend, loving you when life is peaceful, and when it is painful, during our successes, and during our failures, supported by your strengths, and accepting your weaknesses. I will honor your goals and dreams, trying always, to encourage your fulfillment. I will strive to be honest, and open with you, sharing my thoughts, and my life with you. I promise to love and cherish you from this day forward.
- I choose you, ______, To be my (wife/husband), from this time forward. To love you, and be faithful to you, To be a comfort, in your life, To nourish you, with my gentleness, To uphold you, with my strength, To love your body, as it ages, To weigh the effects, of the words I speak And of the things I do, To never take you for granted, But always give thanks, for your presence. I promise you this, from my heart, With my soul, For all the days of my life.
- I, _____, take you, _____ as my (wife/husband) and vow to be mindful in our journey together, to love you and to cherish you, to trust in the Universal soul, to have belief in my heart and faith in my mind. From this day forward our souls will be as one.
- ______, I (embrace/receive) you this day to be my (wife/ husband). I will have no greater love than you. I promise to stand by you in happiness and adversity, in riches or poverty, in sickness or health. I promise in faithfulness, to love and respect you and our marriage, for all my tomorrows and beyond.
- ______, I (embrace/receive) you, today as my (wife/ husband). I will be true to you in all things. I will share what I have and who I am. I will stay with you in heartache, celebrate life with you in joy and receive you as my equal.
- ______, as your (wife/husband) and best friend I promise to love and encourage you; sharing hopes, dreams and secrets. I promise to be open and honest with you, caring for you in a lifelong commitment.
- I _____, (receive/take) you, ______, to be my (wife/ husband). I will share the good times and hard times by your side. I give you my hand and my heart as a sanctuary of warmth and peace, and promise my faith and love to you, till the end of time.
- ______, I promise to love you, to be your best friend, to respect and support you, to be patient with you, to work together with you to achieve our goals, to accept you unconditionally and to share life with you throughout our years together.
- I, ____, take you, ____, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part. ~Traditional Vows
- ______, I promise, before family and friends, to commit my love to you; to respect your individuality; to be with you through life’s changes; and to nurture and strengthen the love between us, as long as we both shall live.
- _____, I take you, as my (wife/husband). I promise to love and cherish you, to grow with you, and to have faith in our journey together through all the changes that will come. I promise to share my life and all that I am with you.
- _____, I will love you for today and for all of our tomorrows. From this day forward, I will walk beside you. _____, you are my best friend. You are my precious love. You are the one I choose to spend my life with.
- ______, I will stand by you always. I will have faith in you and encourage you. I will be here to listen to you, to laugh with you, and to hold you. I will work with you as we build a life together, and support you as you live your own independent life. I will strive every day, to make our relationship stronger. I will be your friend, your love, and your partner for all the days of our lives.
- _____, I vow to you that every day, I will hold this marriage sacred, for you are the greatest gift of my life.
- _____, I promise, to respect you as an individual, with interests, desires, and needs as important as my own. To be your partner in celebrating our successes and facing our challenges. To be a loving (husband/wife) to you, and contribute daily to the health, comfort, and balance of our relationship. I promise to keep myself open to you, and to continuously delight in the privilege of sharing my life with you.