Florida Marriage License Info
- Blood tests are not required in Florida.
- You don’t have to acquire your marriage license in the same county you will be married in.
- Florida marriage licenses are valid for 60 days from the issue date. The marriage ceremony must be performed betweenthe effective date and the expiration date on the license.
- There is no waiting period for NON-RESIDENTS.
- There is no waiting period for Florida residents who have presented both of the following:
- Certificate of completion of premarital preparation course from a qualified registered course provider.
- Statement attesting they have taken a premarital preparation course and read the Family Law Handbook outlining the rights and responsibilities of parties to a marriage.
Otherwise there is a 3 day waiting period.
Requirements to obtain marriage license in the State of Florida:
Both parties must be present when applying for a marriage license, sign the application form and take an oath to the truthfulness of the information provided.
Both parties must provide proof of the following:
- Age: both parties must be at least 18 years of age.
- Identification: in the form of a driver’s license, state ID, military ID or passport.
- U.S. citizens must provide their Social Security Number. Non-citizens may provide a Social Security Number or an Alien Registration Number issued by the Immigration and Naturalization Service. Also, a passport is an acceptable form of identification for non-citizens.
- An application form must be completed. If either party has been previously married, you must note on the application how and when the marriage ended.
The fee for the marriage license is $93.50. This fee is reduced to $61.00 for Florida residents who have completed a premarital preparation course.
The following methods of payment are acceptable:
- Money order
- Traveler’s check
- Personal Check (Name and current address must be imprinted on check and you must present a photo ID).
- Credit Cards: Visa, MasterCard and Discover or American Express
Copies of marriage licenses for Pinellas County are available for viewing and purchase in the Official Records Rooms at our stated locations.
The charge for a copy is $1.00 per page and $2.00 to certify the document, if certification is needed. If you are going to use the copy for a legal purpose, you would want to have the copy certified. There is no charge to view a document.